In the spirit of Thanksgiving I thought I’d share some tips I’ve learned over the years that I’m thankful for. These tips have made a tremendous difference in my life and the lives of many others I’ve encountered.
1. Spend less on “stuff” and more on experiences. There are only so many things any of us need and often the more we acquire, the less fulfilled we are. I believe like many that spending money on experiences is far more fulfilling and exciting.
2. Simplify. Rather than adding things to our lives, often subtracting things is the key to happiness. This may include ridding ourselves of people that make us feel bad, minimizing bills and/or debt or any number of other possibilities. Eliminating things we no longer need inevitably leads us to better places.
3. Concern yourself only with what you can control. We live in a world with constant struggles, pressures and difficulties. If we focus on too many of them we become overwhelmed, frustrated and often bitter. The best approach is to apply our efforts to the things we can actually control such as in our business and personal lives. This leads to a more positive outlook, confidence and sense of fulfillment.
4. Complain less. Ultimately, complaining is wasted energy and effort. Instead of making excuses or directing blame to others, work on coming up with solutions. Your friends and co-workers will thank you but most importantly, you’ll feel better.
5. Find new challenges. I believe it’s important to continually test yourself in new ways. Sign up for a difficult race, volunteer for a new position, give a presentation or do anything that requires you to step out of your comfort zone. Meeting new challenges raises your confidence and teaches you to become stronger and more effective in everyday life.
6. Do not neglect your health. Ignoring your health such as being inactive, eating poorly or doing nothing about your pain will INEVITABLY end up catch up with you and land you in crisis. Even worse, often times once you’ve reached crisis level you’ll end up with fewer options for correcting your health issues. Become more proactive about exercising, eating better and getting yourself out of pain before it’s too late.
Dr. Kenney has won multiple awards for “Best Chiropractor” and specializes in helping patients achieve their goals of better health and pain relief. For more information please find us on Facebook (New Body Chiropractic & Wellness Center) or call (303) 347-9906.