1. Do what you hate…sometimes. Often the thing we dread doing most brings us the most benefit. Staring down the things we fear doing is challenging but ultimately leaves us better prepared for success.
2. Scare yourself. Comfort zones are nice but many of the greatest things in life lie just outside of that zone. Regularly challenge yourself to leave your comfort zone and you’ll notice what you once saw as difficult or impossible no longer is.
3. Find motivation. Spending too much time in our own heads detracts from all the great stuff around us. If you take the time to notice, there will be motivation everywhere that you can use to fuel yourself. I regularly see stories online, read books and meet people that motivate me in every aspect of my life.
4. Stay committed. As I mentioned above, motivation is a wonderful thing. However, once motivation runs out only commitment remains. Commitment requires a vision of where you want to go, why and what you’re willing to sacrifice to get there.
5. Push further. I am a big proponent of trying to push your boundaries so far that it changes what you view as normal. It often only takes one more bit of effort to turn the corner into a whole new level of success.
6. Forget the past. Our past has a tendency to either create complacency or sadness. That is why it’s crucial to focus on the present and future if we want to succeed.
7. Suit up and show up. In life, sometimes the toughest part is just showing up and moving forward after things have gotten difficult. There are athletes, businesses and people from every walk of life that win by attrition, refusing to quit when everyone else does.
Dr. Kenney has won multiple awards for “Best Chiropractor” and specializes in motivating and helping patients achieve their goals of better health and pain relief. For more information please browse our site, find us on Facebook or call (303) 347-9906.