I interact with hundreds of patients each week and get asked a lot of questions. On Fridays I like to share some of the answers I give and hope it has value for you.
1. Something I’m eating: There’s a place in Castle Rock that I love called Vitality Bowls. Though it’s not totally the same, I replicate one of their bowls called the Nutty Bowl and eat it regularly at home. Here’s how I make it:
I get packs of Acai from Costco. I put two in a blender with almond mild and spinach and mix until it’s a soft but not soupy consistency. I put that in a large bowl and then on top I put cut up bananas, blueberries, slivered almonds, granola, chia seeds, a few tablespoons of peanut butter and a drizzle of honey. Powers me up!
2. How often do I exercise? At minimum I do something every day to be active. I walk my dog and push my littlest one in his stroller probably 2-3 miles a day. I workout with weights Monday thru Thursday for about 20 minutes each session (quick and intense, no wasted time), I do 2 longer runs on the weekends and if I don’t have anything planned for a day I’ll do something quick at my house like battle ropes, tire flips or burpees.
3. What am I training for? My next race is the Antelope Canyon 100 in Arizona in March. This will be a 100-mile run that must be completed in 30 hours or less. I ran the Leadville 100 in August and this race will give me a chance to fix some of my mistakes.
4. Book I love: One of my favorite books ever is “Unbroken” by Louis Zamperini. This book is an amazing testament to the power of never quitting, not complaining, finding solutions and overcoming.
5. Quote I love: “Most people quit at 40%.” – David Goggins
Make sure to follow Dr. Kenney on instagram @Coloradochiropractor