As a chiropractor, I’m often asked by friends and acquaintances what initially prompts patients to come see me. Today I’ll share some of the most common.
· Pain and symptom relief. This is generally the most common reason patients initially come to see me. A thorough evaluation helps to identify problems caused by the spine which then can be fixed by a good chiropractor.
· Reducing reliance on pain medication. There is no doubt that medication has an important place in our medical system. However, many people come to me frustrated at their reliance upon over the counter or prescription medications to feel better throughout the day. Many of my patients are people seeking out a natural way eliminate or reduce their use of pain medications.
· Improving motion. When I meet with a patient for the first time they often tell me they feel older than they are or that they move like the tin man. In many cases the causes of this are spinal issues that I can correct.
· Preventing arthritis or slowing the progression of arthritis. Just like your teeth can get decay, so too can your spine. Spinal decay is known as arthritis and is caused by lack of joint motion and incorrect positioning of your spine. Regular checkups can help prevent arthritis (if not yet present) or prevent it from getting worse (if already present).
· Pregnancy. As the body changes during pregnancy it places great stress on the spine. By re-aligning the spine I’m able to help alleviate a great deal of pregnancy-related discomfort. Trust me when I tell you, no group of my patients are happier with the relief chiropractic provides more than pregnant women!
· Healthier children. Some are surprised to know that pediatrics is a large part of my patient base. Parents trust me to care for their children for reasons ranging from ear infections and colic to general wellness. Having cared for so many children over the years (including my own) I can say first hand that regular chiropractic checkups for children make an enormous, positive impact upon health and development.
· Improved athletic performance. Nearly every professional team has a chiropractor on staff. The reason is that with a properly functioning musculoskeletal system athletes are able to perform better, recover quicker and more effectively prevent injuries. I continue to help athletes across a variety of sports by addressing sport-specific issues of their spines and extremities.
· Better overall health. Your nervous system controls your entire body and a large portion of that nerve system is protected by your spine. Therefore, you may be surprised to learn that keeping your spine healthy actually helps improve overall health. I cannot tell you how many thousands of times I have helped a patient with their spine that has in turn produced an immediate and dramatic improvement in some aspect of health they were not expecting.
Dr. Kenney has won multiple awards for “Best Chiropractor” and specializes in motivating and helping patients achieve their goals of better health and pain relief. For more information please visit www.NewBodyChiro.com, find us on Facebook (New Body Chiropractic & Wellness Center) or call (303) 347-9906.