Regardless of profession, there will always be things that help you to stand out within your field. Chiropractic is no different. Today I would like to share some things my patients tell me helps make the chiropractic experience in our office great.
- Being a good listener. I was taught early in chiropractic school that if you take the time to listen, people will tell you exactly what is wrong with them. I believe that the healing process begins when a patient starts to tell me their history. I want each of my patients to feel heard and know that I care while giving me the information I need to begin helping them.
- Accurate diagnosis. Many chiropractors will begin treating a patient after performing no examination or testing. Accurately diagnosing a patient’s condition is vitally important however. Therefore, I perform a thorough initial evaluation and often (not always) x-rays to develop a very clear picture of what condition the patient has. Arriving at a specific diagnosis avoids guesswork and allows me to get my patients better results much faster.
- Information. My approach for educating my patients is simple – I want them to have a basic understanding for what is occurring with their body in order to empower them to help themselves when they’re not in my office. As patients feel increasingly comfortable they may have more health questions and I enjoy sharing my experience and knowledge to answer those as well.
- Excellent technique. The quality and effectiveness of a chiropractic adjustment varies greatly from doctor to doctor (I get adjusted by many doctors and know this first hand). I have a variety of techniques at my disposal but believe strongly in sticking to basics because they work. I use proven, hands-on techniques that produce quick results over gadgets or fads.
- Individualized care. When I first got into practice I noticed that many chiropractors often handed out identical treatment programs to everyone and anyone. Personally, I customize a plan for each patient based on the severity of their condition, their personal goals and overall level of health.
- Convenient. Our office is designed with the convenience of our patients in mind. Everything from our paperwork to same-day appointments to having our phones answered 24 hours a day is designed to make coming to our office a great experience.
- Experience with different conditions and case types. One of the things I take pride in is being able to help a very diverse group of patient types. Specifically, I have extensive experience in pain relief, pediatrics, pregnancy care, working with athletes, dealing with all age types and helping those that have suffered traumatic injuries.
- Integrative. In certain cases, chiropractic care alone may not be enough to correct a person’s condition. I pride myself on knowing when to recommend things such as acupuncture, massage or rehabilitative exercise. When necessary I also make referrals for additional testing such as MRIs or further evaluation with another type of doctor. I always want my patients to feel confident that I will do whatever necessary to help them get well.